Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Blogging is Complicated

I wrote a poem today about a way in which my best friend hurt me this summer. I posted it on here earlier and have now taken it down... I have no idea if he saw it or not, but for some reason I felt weird about it being on here. It's hard to know what will hurt people and therefore quite difficult to know what exactly is worth posting. While it'd be nice to get feedback on my poem and let people know what I've been going through, I also don't want to make a tough situation worse by hurting feelings when healing should be taking place. Blogging creates a bit of a conundrum... This is a place to write about feelings and reflect on life, but one must be aware of how their writing affects other people. I suppose a poem like that would be better for an off-line journal.

I think protecting the feelings of others is probably more important than expressing my not-so fantastic feelings towards them in the heat of the moment.

2 comments:

  1. I know a young man who wrote a song about a girl that he lost. He grieved through this creative expression and it was good for him to write it. However, he also quickly withdrew his creative product from the world wide web, shortly after publishing it there. You both are wise and considerate, as well as creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie Lee, I would be honored to read your poem if you'd like to send it to me privately. ..

    ReplyDelete